When it comes to sending gifts to clients, most companies do so during the holiday season.
However, if you have been on the receiving end, you probably noticed that you were flooded with gifts during the holiday season and could barely tell which one came from whom.
If your customers don’t even know a gift is from you, doesn’t that defeat the purpose of sending one?
The Benefits of Gift Gifting
Relationships are vital in business. Client gifting is a great way to show your customers that you value their business and your relationship with them. In addition, a thoughtful gift sent at the right time can help you stand out from your competitors, stay top of mind, and cultivate loyalty that’ll help increase customer lifetime value.
While your clients are receiving a slew of generic gifts from vendors and suppliers, how can you cut through the clutter and make your gifts go one step further?
Thoughtfulness goes a long way in corporate gifting. Here are a few ways to get the most out of it:
- Send gifts that are in alignment with your client’s corporate culture.
- Be mindful of the corporate gifting parameters of each of your clients.
- Choose gifts that employees would find valuable in their work environment.
- Select items that cater to the employees’ demographics and preferences.
- Gift unique items that are timely and reflect your brand personality.
You can further stand out by sending gifts outside of the holiday season. When your gift is the only one on the recipient’s desks, you are bound to get noticed.
In addition, gifts tend to be more meaningful to the recipients when they celebrate a particular event in their lives. Leverage this emotional association to help your brand become memorable to your clients.
Here are some ideas for sending gifts to your clients outside the holiday season:
- Industry, culture, or other specific occasions (e.g., Administrative Professionals' Day).
- Milestones that represent a significant time in the recipient’s career or a specific occasion that marks your relationship with the client.
- On-the-spot gifting when you meet a new client contact or celebrate a special achievement, such as signing a contract for a new project.
- Birthdays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, relevant religious holidays, and other occasions that are significant to your clients.
The challenge with gifting outside of the holiday season is to keep track of all the occasions to send gifts.
For example, sending gifts on birthdays or occasions of specific significance to a client contact is a great idea, but how can you manage all the different dates on which the gifts need to go out?
Thankfully, you don’t have to manually track and arrange everything.
With Givenly, you can select and schedule all the customized gifts to send to your clients in a matter of minutes so you don’t have to worry about missing out on special occasions. Fill out this short survey and we can help you start a birthday or anniversary program for your clients.