When you find the time to dedicate to gifting your business network, sometimes you are overcome by the amount of gifts you have to send, as well as the overall time it takes to place orders and ensure they are delivered properly.
So, what do you do?
Here are few tips on corporate gifting and how to make sure your clients remember you -and how you can attend to them while still having time to do your work!
List your clients by categorizing them. When making the list, consider: the amount of business you do together (how many times a year and the profit it brings you), the referrals you had or will have through this client, and the ease of doing business together (in simple words, do you like them?). The gifts for five-star clients should be different than those for one-star clients. Just make sure you don’t tell them.
· A food basket filled with delights for the whole company is always a good idea, unless you want to send a more personalized gift. Consider giving a trendy gift, such as the Beats By Dr Dre headphones.
- The great news is that gifts can be tax deductible. Consult your accountant or follow one of these many informational links: http://ow.ly/bgot302dzR4
- Allow time for delivery: some products can take longer to be packaged or to reach their destination. Scheduling gift sends in advances is a great way to do this!
- Set a deadline to schedule the gifts. Knowing your client’s birthday isn’t enough if you send the gift too late. The timing of your surprise would make an impression on the recipient and it would ensure a better business relationship. If you are not sending the gift on a specific occasion, still: schedule it for an arbitrary date before thousands of distraction might get in your way.
- Don’t forget the card. The message can be standardized or personal, but there has to be a message.
- Measure the Return on Investment (ROI). To measure it, consider: did the gift generate a positive response? Call them to follow up. Did they like the Godiva chocolate? Well, they might like your new service even more!
- Take corporate gifting off your plate. Companies such as Givenly.com manages the entire gifting process so you don’t have to. With fees, subscriptions, or obligations
· Corporate gifting can be stressful, but following these easy tips can lift weight off your shoulders. With little effort, your clients will remember you -and call you back. They loved the chocolate!